- The Jesus Solution. Let me start explaining this solution with this passage of the Bible… John 14:3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also May be where I am” and John 18:36 “Jesus said, “My Kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my Kingdom is from another place”.
The solution states the obvious; this world is decaying and dying and will soon be gone because of the depth of evil and wickedness perpetrated by humans just like in the times of Noah. Matthew 24:37-51 “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
From the above scripture, the followings are clear:
- There is going to be an end.
- That end will be very disastrous for some.
- That same end will be wonderful and pleasant for some.
- There is a qualification for those who will witness the disastrous end and those who will witness the wonderful and pleasant end.
- The qualification is Jesus as your Lord, Savior and Redeemer and living a holy and righteousness life in Christ Jesus.
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world… John 17:15-16
With the above in mind, the solution has two parts:
- Living and treating everyone around you by and with the love of Christ Jesus. Loving your neighbor as yourself but loving your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind. Matthew 22: 37-40 “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
- Intentionally living without lusting after anything. Developing a strong resistance to material and earthly cravings like fame, fortune, power, influence…1st John 2:16 “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world”. This is necessary because of 1st Timothy 6:6-10“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”
With the Jesus Solution, everyone is safe and protected because no one is stealing from the other or killing the other (Ten Commandments). People killing and steal because they have a lust they want to satisfy. In addition, when people continue in evil, the good is at peace with the assurance that there is a better place in Christ Jesus awaiting them. 1st Corinthians 15:19 “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.”
The Jesus Solution gives hope of a great life for those in Christ Jesus on earth and a better life after death. John 10:10(b) “…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”