Matthew 6: 33 but seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things Shall be added to you.
Is God first in your life? As it relates t your life and plans, does God have priority or it your agenda that takes the center stage in your heart? Except you make a definite and courageous decision to put God first, you will never be able to come to a place of peace, provision, protection and satisfaction which He has made available for all His children.
Hence you must not relegate God to the background. God requires that His people put Him first. He expects you to choose Him over everything. If you do so, God displays His power and glory in your affairs.
To seek God first is to pursue, chase after, long for and desire Him. Many things strive to get your total attention and focus. You must not allow yourself get distracted. Whatever is put in God’s place conquers and enslaves. Prioritize your life. Anytime God is not number One, it leads to chaos and disorder.
Seeking after God requires desire, discipline and determination. Give God the first place in your life, Everything loses value when God is not number One. Make God’s priority yours. Train your heart to align with what Jesus is saying. Teach yourself to structure your life according to God’s design (Proverbs 3:5-6). In order to live a life governed by faith in God, you must renew your mind.
God does not ask you to seek Him in vain. He has promised to reward all who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6). Stop seeking things first. Seek God first. Whatever you put first shapes and defines your perspective. Never make anything an idol; no matter how important it is. God opposes whatever takes His place in our lives. Dare to put God first.
WHEN YOU PUT GOD FIRST
• You experience a marked difference in your life
• You invite Him into your life. You open up your life to Him
• It is an expression of trust
• It removes burdens and barriers. When you try to run your life by your effort and wisdom, you end up being saddled with burdens you were never made to bear and limitations that are easily overcome with the help of the Holy Spirit.
• You hand over the challenges of your life to Him. The Lord is your Shepherd; His presence in your life makes it easier (Psalm 23)
• It helps you distinguish between what is urgent and what is important. Until you begin to see through the eyes of God, you will not be able to know the difference between what is urgent and what is important.