Exodus 15: 22-25
“So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water. And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah. And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink? And he cried unto the Lord ; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,”
Marah was in existence before they got there…they were not the onces that made the water bitter and they just came out from a great deliverance…
So what’s the essence of this story?
God could take them along other parts and lands, why the land Marah?
1. They still didn’t know the God their forefathers served.
Yes, Moses(Your Pastor) has said alot about Jesus but that is never enough to build a relationship on. NO!!!.
2. God(Jesus) wanted them(You)to know and appreciate who He is on a personal basis.
3. Even the consequences of your bad decisions has a solution with God…Nothing is beyond Him
4. Stop self condemnation because you are not the caused of every bad circumstance in your life…some are a reminder for you to “let-go and let-God; to test your memory of your Gratitude Stories in other to reafffirm your trust and faith in Him”
5. Gratitude Stories are not for you to expect God to use “exactly” the same method to assist, heal or help you too. NO!!!…”Divided the sea but threw wood into water to make it sweet”….But it’s for you to know that He loves you enough and will come to your rescue When you call
Do not despair when challenging situations come, keep believing in Jesus for the desired change….remember He has done greater things in the past for you….
“I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord , which made heaven and earth.”